MY LITTLE BROTHER AND HIS BURNT BACK #2

As my mother was up with him night after night she became exhausted. We had 10 children at the time and that was a big job for a mother.  As I have thought about this, I don't think anyone can comprehend all that was required of her, during this month of recovery for my little brother, Robert. One night my mother put some cooled gauze on Roberts back, which she usually changed continually.  I am sure that was her intention this time, but she feel asleep in the hours of the night from pure exhaustion. The gauze stuck to his back.  A dear neighbor from down the street insisted on taking my mother and Robert to the hospital in her big nice van, so the doctor could remove the gauze from my little brothers back without horrible pain, at least that is what my mother thought. The neighbor came over they loaded Robert up and took him to the hospital. I don't think that the doctor helped my mother and her poor son.  The doctor had to rip the gauze off my little brothers back.  It was a horrible thing for my mother to watch.  But Robert was a brave little boy and he with stood the pain amazingly.  I know that our Father in Heaven was with him.  He was given a blessing by my father.  He was brought back home and continued to be taken care of well.  He recovered fully and has never had any lasting problems.  No scaring on his back at all.  A miracle for all of us.  And guess what he never sucked his thumb again! Such a bad experience to get someone to stop sucking their thumb, don't ever try it.

Comments