POT STICKERS

This dough is very easy to make:   You put 7 cups of white flour in your mixer with 2 1/2 cups of water.  Mix well, about 3 minutes.  Then roll our on your counter.  Make sure your counter is well greased and floured so that they don't stick.  I just spray some vegetable spray on the counter.  The kind I use is Vegalene, you can purchase it at the Bosch Kitchen Center, then I sprinkle flour over it.  Roll out until very thin. About 1/8 of an inch thick.  I use a large cutter to cut it out.  The cutter I use is a 4 1/4 inch cutter.  You can use something a bit smaller, but make sure that it is at least 4 inches.  You can find some great cutters at the Bosch Kitchen Center as well.
The mixture is as follows:  

A pound of pork, we use pork sausage just the regular kind.  Not Italian or Original.  Just pork ground.
To this pork you add:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tablespoon of chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon of salt
1/8 of a teaspoon of ginger.    (You can add more if you like the ginger flavor)
1 Tablespoon of sesame seed oil
1 small cabbage that has been ground.  (I grind this up on my large slicer shredder blade, it is perfect)

Mix this all together.  You can also add a carrot that has been shredded with your little blade on the slicer shredder attachment that fits on the Bosch.  Mix this all together. 

You put 1 Tablespoon of this mixture on each pot sticker.
You fold the pot sticker in the middle, leave the two sides open.
Lift each side up as shown below, press the far side down.  The part that is up you will need to press down exactly at the half way mark.
It should look like this!
Now you have perfect pot stickers.  If I have two many I freeze this in my freezer on my cookie sheet.  After they are frozen I put them in zip-lock freezer bags.  Then I can pull them out any time and use them.

This is the way you cook them.  You pour a little oil in the bottom of your pan.  You fry them on both sides until they are good and brown.  Then you pour about 1/8 cup of water in the pan, put the lid on an cook.  You wait until the water is all gone. Then you will know they are done. I serve them with rice and a vegetable and salad.  You don't really need the vegetable it just makes the plate fancy look nice.  We serve them with soy sauce.   My children mix soy sauce and a little ground chili paste into a bowl.  Then they dip the pot stickers in the sauce to eat it.  You will love these they are very tasty.

Comments

  1. A homemade pot sticker recipe? You honestly just made my day! Thanks SO MUCH! I can't wait to make these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment