PUMPERNICKEL BREAD

I decided it was time to make a darker bread.   My son and daughter in law both served their missions in Russia, so I decided I had better get this right.  Grind 6 cups of white wheat in your grinder with 6 cups of rye.  Put the first 3 ingredients in to your Bosch Mixer

4 cups warm water
5 cups of your ground flour
3 Tablespoons of yeast

Mix above ingredients together:

Add 1 Tablespoon of onion flakes
1 1/2 Tablespoon of caraway seeds
1 teaspoon of ground fennel seed
1/2 cup of oil
1/2 cup of molasses
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
1/2 of a cup of cocoa
2 Tablespoons of salt
4 Tablespoons of vital wheat gluten

Now it is time to add your ground flour again.  Add a cup at a time until the flour pulls from the outside of the bowl.  You add about another 11 cups of flour.  If you would like to you can add some white flour as well.  Just make sure that when all your ingredients are added and completely mixed through that you touch to top of your dough, if it is still sticky add some more flour.  Just sprinkle it in so that you can tell when its just right.
I place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.  Then I make two loaves of bread on each side of the cookie sheet and a slanted position.   I slice 3 slates in the bread and then a brush them with egg white.  I let them rise for a good hour.  I preheat my oven to 350 degrees, then I cook them for 30-35 minutes.


Comments