ALMOND JOYS

3.5 ounces sweetened coconut flakes  ( This is about 1/3 of a bag of coconut)
(I put these in my food processor with the S blade for about 5 minutes to make them a little smaller)

1 can of sweetened condensed milk
( I make my own sweetened condensed milk.     It is 1/3 cup of water, 2/3 cup of sugar and 4 Tablespoons of butter.  You put this in a pan on your stove and cook until boiling.   Pour this into your blender and add l cup of powdered milk )

Add a pinch of salt

I take half of my sweetened condensed milk and I pour that into a bowl, then I add my coconut.   I mix.  It should look really creamy and thick.  If the coconut isn't covered well, add a little more of your sweetened condensed milk  Then add your pinch of salt and mix until smooth.  Refrigerate for about 20 minutes. 

I got an Almond Joy mold at the Bosch Kitchen Center.  I put some of the chocolate in the mold then dumped it out.  So the mold would be covered but not to thick.  Then I put in the Almond. Next I put some of the coconut mixture in the mold. I put a chocolate on the top and there you have your Almond Joy.

Comments