Our Favorite Easy Gluten Free Bread

We have tried many gluten free recipes, and when I say many, I mean a lot. You can probably tell by the 5 recipes I have on my blog. I'm determined to find the best. My goal is to make people love food. I'll tell you right now it's hard to love gluten free food. So here's the master quest of finding the best gluten free recipes, and I think we found it for the bread. The best part? It's the easiest recipe yet. Can I get a "Yahoo"! Come on ladies, this is a great day.

So here it is people! Can you tell how excited I am?

In a small bowl add:
1 C Warm Milk
1/4 C of Xagave

Warm those 2 ingredients for 1 minute in the microwave. You need it to be warm to activate the yeast. Do NOT over heat it, you will kill your yeast and your bread which is frankly gross. 1 minute was perfect for me, not too hot, not too cold.

Add to your milk mixture:
2 1/4 tsp. Yeast
Whisk it in and let it sit for about 10-15 minute. Set aside and let the yeast activate.

Now on to your flour mixture:
1 C White Rice
1 C Sweet Brown Rice
You can use Brown Rice or really any rice you have. If you only have White Rice, use 2 cups of White Rice, but sweet brown rice is supposed to make it more sticky, since we don't have gluten in we need all the stickiness we can get. Grind this in your wheat grinder. Any grinder should do, my favorite is the Nutri-Mill. I'm in love with it. When that's all ground add:
2/3 C Potato Starch
1/3 C Tapioca Flour
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
Stir together thoroughly in your hand mixer or by hand

Add:
1 tsp salt to your flour mixture.

If you're using your stand mixer, turn on low speed and gradually add your yeast mixture to the flour mix until well combined.

Then add:
1/4 C Butter
2 Eggs

Beat into your mixture, scraping the sides as needed, until well mixed. Increase speed and mix for 3 minutes. It will be sticky and that's what you want or else it will be extremely heavy and dense. Do not add more flour. Cover your bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour. I know it's a long time, but it's worth it.

When it's done rising scrape the dough out into your bread pan, smooth over, cover with greased plastic wrap, and let rise for another 30 minutes.

Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 42-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven, take the bread out of the pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.

Then eat the best gluten free bread of your life. For now at least.



Comments