Whole Wheat Sourdough Bread

1 1/2 cups of warm water
3 cups of whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
2 tbsp. of honey
1 cup of sourdough starter
2 teaspoons of salt

Mix together in your Bosch mixer
Add 3-4 cups  of flour, add until outside of the bowl becomes clean.  Knead for 8 minutes. Then let rise for 8 hours. After it has risen  I pour out on a flour surface and mold into either a large loaf of bread or two small loaves of bread. I put it in a large loaf pan, a La Couche pan made out of stone with a lid.. I rubbed the loaf with water and sprinkled with sesame seeds. Then I let it rise about one hour. I slipped the lid over the top and put it in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. It rose beautifully. I was plenty happy to see it risen so high without yeast..


Comments

Post a Comment