CHICKEN POT PIE

We made this great pie at our last class:
I cooked 3 small breast of chicken and cubed them
I cut up 12 small carrots
3 sticks of celery
6 potato's cubed
1 onion chopped
I saute' the onion in a pan with 1 Tablespoon of butter
I added all the above ingredients together to make a soup.

I cooked each thing separate in my pressure cooker.
I cooked the carrots with the celery for 3 minutes in 1/2 cup water
I cooked the cubed potato's for 2 minutes in 1 cup of water
I cooked the chicken with salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon of chicken bullion 1 cup of water for 15 minutes.
Then of course I sauteed the onions in a fry pan
I added all these ingredients together with the water off of them.
Then I added 1 Tablespoon of chicken bullion
1 teaspoon of basil
1/2 teaspoon of seasonal salt
I thickened it with 1/4 cup of cornstarch added to 1/2 cup of water
Mixed it when I added the cornstarch
I made sure it was cooked through and thickened.
                                  I put it in a casserole pan and covered it with the following crust.
Crust
3 cups of flour
1 1/3 cup of shortening
1 teaspoon of salt
Mix together until it forms little pea like balls
Mix in 1/2 cup of cheese

Mix together:
1 egg
7 Tablespoons of cold water
1 teaspoon of vinegar
Add this then mix lightly until it forms a ball

Roll out until it forms a rectangle and can fit perfectly over your casserole filling
Cook on 350 degrees for 30 minutes
Great tasting chicken pie.  Enjoy!

Comments