Belgian Waffles with Pearled Sugar


1 1/2 Cup of Unbromated All Purpose flour
2 Cups of ground soft white wheat flour
3/4 cup of milk that has been warmed
1 Tablespoon of dried yeast (if you don't want to add yeast add 1 Tablespoon of baking powder, it is amazing and you don't have to wait for the rising time.)
8 oz. softened butter or 2 sticks
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup of Belgian pearled sugar

We did these for a class. I adjusted the recipe and everyone loved it.  I topped with strawberries and whipping cream.  I put the warmed milk in the compact Bosch mixer.  Then I added the 2 cups of ground soft white wheat.  The yeast was added next.  I mixed this together.  I added the softened butter, eggs vanilla then the 1 1/2 cups of white flour.  Mix for about 5 minutes.  Leave in Bosch bowl and cover until double about 1/2 hour. Put bowl back on machine and add your pearled sugar, mix until the pearled sugar is distributed well.  Heat your Belgian waffle iron then take a piece of dough, about the size of 1/3 cup stitch it and place on waffle iron and cook until golden brown about 3 minutes. Cover with fruit and whipping cream.

Comments