TAQUITOS

Tortilla's
I made some new tortilla's at my class this week
The recipe is as follow:
I ground in my electric mill 2 cups of spelt
1 cup of brown rice
1 cup of barley
Then I put 6 cups of this mixture in my Bosch Mixer bowl with the dough hook
I added 2 cups of high gluten flour
2/3 cup of canola oil
1 tablespoon of salt
3 cups of the hottest water out of you tap
I mix this all together in my Bosch bowl and knead it for 5 minutes.
If you touch this dough and if it is still to sticky make sure you sprinkle in a little more flour before you knead it. Then I press them out in the tortilla press and cook them.
Next recipe is what I use for the taquitos
2 breast of shredded cooked chicken
I shredded this chicken in my Bosch bowl with the cookie paddles.  Just hit your little M button on your Bosch about 3 times and it will shred it perfect.
Take the chicken out of the Bosch bowl.
Put in 1 pkg. of 8 ounce cream cheese
6 heaping Tablespoons of sour cream
1/2 cup of finely chopped onion (green onion if you would like)
1/4 cup of minced fresh cilantro (optional)
1/4 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of seasonal salt
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 of a lime that has been squeezed
1/4 teaspoon of pepper

Mix this all together then add 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese to the mixture.  Mix well in the Bosch mixture then add the chicken, and mix. You can add 1/2 cup of the dressing that is below.  Or just leave as is, and dip it in the dressing below.
When this is done.  I put a couple of Tablespoons across your tortilla in the middle.  Then I wrap them up, put them on a cookie sheet and rub the tops with olive oil.   Bake them on 400 degrees for 10 minutes until they get a little crisp.

Creamy Cilantro Dressing
Place the following in the Bosch blender and blend together.
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
1 pkg. dry ranch buttermilk dressing mix
½ bunch of cilantro or more if you would like (1 cup)
1/2 of an onion
2 cloves crushed garlic
4 golden peperoncini (Bottled) They look like jalapeno peppers except they are bottled
1 lime juiced
1 tsp. sugar or Xagave

Mix all the ingredients together in Bosch blender and refrigerate for one hour.  Excellent on a pulled pork salad or tortilla’s or anything you would like to put it on.  Last I make some great salsa.  I just chop up some onion and tomato with some cilantro.  I add a little bit of lime and some salt and pepper.  It is so good with this meal.  You can add some of this to you chicken mix as well but I prefer putting it on the side.
   

Comments