TRIP TO PORTLAND OREGON

We are all in a little white station wagon and preparing to go the see my Aunt and Uncle in Portland Oregon.  We are all excited, but traveling with 10 children is not the funnest thing in the world. Sometimes when we are little I am sure that our parents wondered when the peace and quiet would come.  In those days we just had each other to tease and talk too.  So the trip was what we made of it, and I am sure for my parents, way to long. On the way to Oregon our car broke down.  We were able to stay in a hotel and get it fixed, but for my parents it was pretty devastating.  I am sure they had a certain amount  of money planned for this trip, and because of repairs it ended out being a lot more than was expected. We did finally make it to my aunts home.  I loved it there.  They had a pool that wasn't very big, but it was fun.  The thing I remember the most about the pool was the black leaches or maybe they were snails.  We would pour salt on them and they would fade away.  But we had fun there playing with cousins, going on rides in my cousins hot sports car.  I think the thing that entertained me the most was that my cousin had a castle that you could place furniture on, princess and princes.  They were made out of this rubbery stuff that would stick to the board.  There were so many pieces that we played with it for hours.  Things that use to entertain us were so simple.  I am so grateful for the simple little things in life that made us so happy.

Comments