HOMEMADE CREAM-STYLE SOUP MIX

I made these scalloped potatoes with the homemade cream style soup mix.  I was told it was the best scalloped potato's that I had ever made.  They were incredible. I cut the potato's with the slicer shredder attachment that you can buy with the Bosch.  I cut these potatoes on the thick slicing  blade.   I mixed up the soup mix on the stove to make it warm.  Then I precooked the potato's until they were still a little hard, then I drained the potato's and put them in a casserole pan.   I poured the cooked soup mix over the potato's.  I cooked them on 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Sprinkled some cheese on top. Left them in the oven for 5 more minutes.  They were delicious.

It takes 5 medium potato's to make one casserole and half of the homemade style soup mix. It will make about 2 quarts of the creamed soup.  I made one quart o go over the potato's.



2 cups instant nonfat dry milk
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch
1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
1/8 to 1/4 cups chicken bouillon granules
3 Tablespoons dried vegetable powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper (optional)

DIRECTIONS
In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients, cover and process until vegetable is finely chopped. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year.  Add 3 tablespoons of dried mix to 3/4 cup of water.  Makes a super creamed soup.  For a mushroom soup, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms that have been sauteed.  For celery soup add one sauteed piece of chopped celery. For chicken soup you can add 1/2 of a breast of chicken.  It is a great cream of soup mix. 

Comments

Post a Comment