DEHYDRATING FOR THE VEGETABLE POWDER FOR THE CREAM SOUP

I used a commercial dehydrator to dehydrate all of these.  My favorite one is the Nesco Garden Master Dehydrator.   It is the best.  It has a 1000 watt motor and it will hold up to 30 trays.  You never have to adjust them, because of the unique air flow.  You can purchase one at the Bosch Kitchen Center.  This is our great vegetable powder that the cream soup calls for.  You can make it with left over things out of your garden.  This is made with lots of fun vegetables. The vegetables found in this: are tomato's, green and yellow zucchini, carrots, green pepper and onion's. 
I dehydrate squash.  This is yellow and green zucchini .   

Next I dehydrate onions.

I dehydrate tomato's

I dehydrate green peppers.
I dehydrate carrots as well if I have them. In this little bowl I have dehydrated carrots, onion, green pepper and zucchini.  You can dehydrate what ever you want.  Keep it in your freezer and use when ever needed.  You can use it in any soup.  It will add flavor and your children won't even know it is there.  I add a couple of tablespoons to each soup.  It has great fiber.  I grind this all in my blender.  It is  a great blend.  If you blend  it to much it will become  powder.  That will work just as well.  Do not be afraid to blend it. The one in the jar in the very front  I didn't get the tomato's quite as dry as I should have so it is really chunky.  But perfect especially if you will keep it in your freezer.   


Comments

  1. Do you use your oven or a commercial dehydrator, or some other method? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment