CINNAMON ROLLS

When we have these it seems that everyone can smell them a mile away, because our family shows up.
3 cups of milk
1/2 cup butter or shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flake potato's
Heat above ingredients together in a pan.  Make sure it is cooled to warm before you add the rest of the ingredients.

ADD:
3 teaspoons salt
3 eggs
2 Tablespoons yeast
Add enough flour to make it look like a pancake consistency about 4 cups
Let stand for 15 minutes

Mix in about 3-4 more cups of flour
Remember the dough should still be sticky
Knead this altogether for 5 minutes
Let rise for 20 minutes

Roll out half of the dough into a rectangle, spread melted butter on with a pastry brush.  Use about 1/4 of a stick.  Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar.  (I mix 1 cup of sugar to 3 Tablespoons of cinnamon.)  Then I sprinkle a little brown sugar over that.  Next I sprinkle raisins and nuts.  Then roll up your rectangle.  Cut with a piece of dental floss about 1 inch each.  Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart in both directions.  I get 15 cinnamon rolls on each tray.  Let rise for 1 hour and bake on 375 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until light brown.


Frost with a cream cheese frosting.  I use one 8 oz cream cheese and  3/4 of a stick of butter creamed together, then I add about 4 cups of powdered sugar.  I add a couple of Tablespoons of milk to give it the right consistency.  Then add a teaspoon of vanilla.  Spread over warm cinnamon rollls as they come out of the oven.

My children in frosting,  A LITTLE TO MUCH FOR MY TASTE!!!!!!

Comments