THE MIRACLE

As we heard the word fire we could hardly believe our ears.  This couldn't be happening.  Michael grabbed the twins and ran out the door. I started waking up the children and helping them out.  The 2 man were running children in and out as well and helping us all that they could. Next Mike grabbed the two little girls Ann Marie and Carol.  Ann Marie was the baby.  But as Mike ran them out the door the twins came running back in the house.  They were sleeping in their underwear because it was so hot that night, and when they got out in the cold it was to cold.  They couldn't figure out why they had been taken out of their warm beds.  So once again Mike ran the twins out the door.  Soon they were put into a police car to keep warm. My parents  had 10 children at the time.  It was certainly a miracle that we all made it out of the home with no harm coming to any of us.  Dave watched from down the street and was concerned for his family members.  A wonderful lady in our ward took us home with her and there we patiently waited for our parents who no one could reach. We ended out sleeping at the ladies home that night.  I had nightmares all night long as I slept with my 2 baby sisters and took care of them through the night.  In the morning my parents were there.  We were fed a wonderful breakfast.  This lady was our night in shinning armor.  Her home was beautiful and big I felt like a princess being there. Being a mother now I wonder what went through my parents head when they were told their home had burned. I'm sure there first concern was there children.  I was glad we were all safe!

Comments