Butterfinger Candy Bars

These were made in my class and they are so delicious.  Try them you will be happy.

1/3 cup Agave
1/3 cup water
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter

l cup of some kind of chocolate.  I used Peter's chocolate milk mixed with a little dark chocolate.
1 to 2 tsp. of coconut oil.  This will give the chocolate it's crispness.  This is optional if you don't want this like a regular candy bar, disregard.

Heat the first 3 ingredients in a tall pan, stir on medium heat until the sugar and syrup are dissolved.  When it starts to boil, put a candy thermometer in the syrup and heat to 275-280 degrees, stirring occasionally during process.   Then pour your cup of peanut butter in immediately. Immediately pour from your pan on to a parchment lined jelly roll pan.  Spread out.  This will harden fast so be careful.    Scour it so that you can make candy bars out of it.  I got a candy bar mold from the Bosch Kitchen Center to do this.  I poured my chocolate in the mold, then painted it in with a brush.  I dumped out any left over.  I placed the butter finger squares in, then poured chocolate over the back.  Put it in the freezer for a couple of minutes and dumped the finished product on to the counter.  Look at the great candy bar.

Comments